If you want to make the most of the vertical space in your garden or on a wall inside your home, an excellent solution is the installation of a green wall with pallets and pots . In fact, wooden pallets are cheap and give your environment a natural and elegant touch.
In addition, this green wall design is ideal to hide an inelegant wall or improve your exterior or interior decoration. So, if you want to take advantage of these and other benefits, in this article you will find instructions on how to make a vertical building with pallets and pots .
Why set up a green wall with Pallets and pots?
Vertical planters should have a sturdy frame or construction, especially if you will be storing pots and plants or tubers in them. In addition, it must be resistant to water, and the weather. That is why wooden pallets and pots are ideal for growing all kinds of plants.
Also, if you want to add a green wall to your wall, balcony or terrace for decorative purposes to highlight the plants, then the pallets and pots will fulfill this purpose very well, as they look very beautiful, and you can use them as a center of attention in your patio. .
On the other hand, green walls with pallets and pots are very practical for growing almost all kinds of plantations: from aromatic herbs, to flowers and small vegetables such as tomatoes, garlic or coriander.
Although green walls are often set up outdoors, many people have found a way to integrate them into the interior of their home, as long as it is a sunny space. Of course, it will need regular maintenance and watering.
So, if you are a resident of an urban area and want to enjoy the purity and beauty that green spaces offer us, then you should learn how to set up a green wall with pallets and pots. Doing it is very simple, and in any case, you can always get the help of experts.
Step-by-step guide: How to create a green wall with wooden planks and flower pots
There are many gardening solutions. One of the most traditional are plastic bottles that hang from a fence or trellis, and also metal structures. However, the latter are much more expensive, and you will need labor for their installation.
But the one we recommend the most is the green wall with wooden pallets and pots. Its installation is simple, aesthetic, ecological and less expensive , since you have the option of recycling wooden pallets.
When purchasing wooden pallets, we advise you to choose treated or painted wood, and that has not been treated with chemicals. Some people are dedicated to their manufacture, and you can buy them at a good price.
You can also go to the back of the stores where many of them tend to be discarded, or go to a garden center.
What will you need?
- Wooden pallets (the amount will depend on the levels you plan to place).
- Permeable geotextile felt to prevent water retention.
- Soil for pots.
- wall stapler
Steps to follow
- Remove splinters from the wood planks and sand the wood to make it smooth and nice to look at, if you’re not going for a rustic look.
- Now, it is time to protect the wooden pallet with the geotextile felt. Cut a piece of the fabric suitable for the size of the pallet. Fold back the geotextile felt to line the bottom to form the bins.
- Then secure the felt with the wall stapler. Once the wood protection is complete, all you have to do is add the potting soil and place your plants in the garden, starting at the top once the pallet is upright.
- Be sure to fill the entire container with potting soil and tamp it down well, so the soil doesn’t leak out during watering.
- Finally, we recommend leaving a minimum of 10 to 15 cm between each plant so that its roots can develop properly in this limited space. We also advise you to keep the pots created inside the pallets flat for at least a month, so that the roots are fixed in the trays.
As an additional tip, you can remove half of the boards from the wooden platform, so that each container is a less narrow planter, so that the plants will grow more freely.
A green wall can also be a small vegetal kingdom that evolves, and the trend right now is practicality and saving space, and the wooden pallet is the ecological material par excellence.
In addition, this structure will allow you to creatively implement a green wall in many possible ways. Let your imagination flow and you will create a small plant oasis inside or outside your home!